So let’s face it. The worst thing that can happen in your online life is to get your payment card stolen!
That can happen because of a lot of things. Maybe you’ve used your card on an untrusted website, or someone could steal your card data when you shop online using a public WiFi network. There are many other scenarios too.
How can you prevent all of that? There are so simple steps you can take to protect your Majd Card and help to keep it safe, so you don’t have to worry about your card data being used by the bad guys. Let’s dive in!
1. When choosing a password for your CASHU account, make it so hard. It’s also better an encrypted password manager and generator to keep it safe. Also, don’t ever use it on other websites.
2. Don’t give your card data to anyone. You might receive emails, messages or URL links asking about your card data. Be aware! Companies don’t ask you about your card data that way.
3. Your browser might offer to save your card data, so when you’re using it again, the browser will auto-fill that data. Be sure not to use this option. It’s not safe.
4. The most important thing is to check if the website uses the “HTTPS” protocol. That means any connection between you and the site is encrypted using a security layer called “SSL.” If the website is encrypted, you will see a lock icon next to the website name. If the site isn’t encrypted, any data transferred between you and the website is stored in a plain-text and that data is not encrypted, so your data can be seen easily by other parties, such as hackers.
5. When buying online, the shopping website will save your card data so you can use the data for future purchases without retyping them again. It’s highly recommended not to save the data. Even if you have to enter your card information every time you purchase, it’s more secure.
6. Don’t ever use public WiFi networks when buying online or doing any activity that is related to your card. Those networks are not encrypted. Anyone that is connected to the same network can execute a type of attack called “Man-in-the-Middle Attack,” and they can intercept your connection and steal your data.
8. If you suspect fraudulent activity on your Majd Card, contact us right away. You can also block your card and change your account password, so no one else can use them.
That’s it. Now, these are the most important things you should care about when using Majd Card. Take care of your data!